Notes on version 2.3.0
- I finally figured out where user/password info is stored
(formerly in .netrc) - type 'o', hilite site and type '/ed'.
This info (not sure about password yet) will be used if you
open site without the '-u' flag.
- In site's entry, password is not really stored
until you actually type it in bookmark editor.
- Under Win95, option 'fast pasting' should be disabled.
To do that, start NCFTP thru batch file and uncheck
'fast pasting' is properties box - you will not be able
to do this with propertes for NCFTP.EXE itself.
Same goes for LYNX, btw.
- Use forward slashes when changing directory: lcd c:/pub.
- NCFTP lowercases filenames when uploading to UNIX host.
- Win95: shell commands work from NCFTP, but they don't
pause before returning - use something like DIR /P.
- NCFTP assigns nicknames to sites you visit - when you are
in, nickname is in the prompt. Prefix 'ftp' doesn't become part of nick.
- There is now filename completion with TAB - just like in 4DOS!
- There is cat subcommand - display file on the screen.
- get -C implemenets REGET functionality - you can continue
interrupted download from where you left off. Yay!
- While NCFTP is running, percentage is displayed in ballon help
for its icon - just leave mouse pointing at it.
- Macros are stored in file ".ncftp\macros".
- In this version you can put 'quit' in the end of macro,
so it runs completely in batch mode!
- PUT now works like MPUT. To specify a remote filename use '-z' flag:
PUT -z local remote