- TAG command is good for looking at all string that match target - while still
seeing the program flow.
Use SET COLOR HIGHLIGHT BLACK ON GREY in PROFILE.KEX to change defaul tag line
color (the default color doesn't look that good).
- Fixing the "macro has been interrupted by Ctrl-Break" fluke - reboot takes care of it.
- Trick to force second instance of Kedit to start - run a script that asks for input,
then launch Kedit again - it will say "Kedit is busy" and will offer you to start a new
- 'SET DEBUGG OFF' works in Kedit too - closes the debugging window.
- TAG command is useful when I edit a large file - it allows me to mark some
key lines, so it's easier to locate them visually.
- When 'SET CASED MIXED I I' is in effect, CHANGE command will replace
both lowercase and uppercase occurences - while preserving their case!
- Kedit for Windows - double click on a word to hilite it.
- Occasionally Kedit for Windows goes berserk and keeps repeating 'macro has
been interrupted by Ctrl-Break or Ctrl-Alt-Shift'. Reloading Kedit doesn't help,
but pressing each of these key combinations once cures the problem.
- Can return 'invalid function call' when string
in SUBWORD() (or maybe other funcs too) is longer than
- If keys like Alt-\ stop working, reload KEDIT.
- Strangely, changing color settings for curline also
seems to affect the block. For example after
COLOR * BLA ON BRI CYA
COLOR CURLINE BRI CYA ON BLA,
block color becomes white on black.
- To type stuff you don't want anybody to see,
set COLOR * BLUE ON BLUE to make letters invisible while you are in the
file (it will help if you have SET WORDRWRAP ON).
- Local arrays used in PROCEDURE are automatically DROPped on RETURN.
- Changes made by macro are saved as single UNDO level.
- To free memory used by a global variable, assign it to
empty value: 'EDITV SET X'.